Thursday 22 September 2016

Not Perfect

Cracked eggs
Drop and sizzle
But the yolk broke
White edges crisp
Bubble
Then brown
8 minutes in a
350°F oven
But I left it for 10
Chewy turned into
Crunchy
Crumble
Roll out flaky pastry
Oily and yellow
Forgot to flour
The board
Now bound
Betraying my touch
Start to whip cream
Turns into butter
A beurre blanc
Recklessly turned to
Beurre noir
Flustered
How can I be so far
So distant from perfection?
Study of thought
Question of skill
Shattered confidence
And motionless motivation
Then you came
And dined burnt eggs
My dried cakes with
split whipped cream
And never asked
Why are there were holes
at the bottom of my pie crust
You ate
Kissed my forehead
And said,
"Thank you, it was perfect for me."
Xo,
The Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for A Girl Who Loves to Cook...