Monday 8 September 2014

...In a Pan


She had an infectious giggle
Charming and outgoing smile
We clicked, a life long friendship
Started here...

A sloppy slice was laid out on a plastic plate
Sandy graham cracker crumbs scattered

Like a hot mess -I thought

Shards of cracked chocolate bars
Jutting out like a jagged mountain peaks
Through those billowing fluffs of Chantilly cream
Vanilla clouds of sweet

My knee bobbed on the rung of bar stool
Elbow and arm propping my head up
Romantic glow in her dark kitchen

Muddy swirl of butterscotch and fudge
Rich cocao sharpness with a touch of gold
Buttery custard

An unlikely couple
Pudding monogamy 
Match made so heavenly

Interrupting the choco-butter marriage
A tangy cheesecake middle
Undone now...I'm more intrigued 

She slides the plate over to me
The hum of the florescent lights
The chirp of crickets through the window
The house was still

Just me, just her

Better than sex she promises
A grin passes across her face
Her lips unzip to reveal
A smile, a little sinister.

I pushed my fork through 
Soft and light
The dessert reached my tongue

My chest fell
The creamy chocolate melted 
I bit down gently on the candy

I was speechless
Joyous flavours, pleasure of 
A fudge flirtation
Bold butterscotch

Shameless whip cream 
Sits on the corners of my lip

A little moan of approval
A rush through my taste buds
I sigh amd breathe in and breathe out

Heavy.
I taste what she described
And what she described...

Simple ecstasy

She giggles again.
Best girl friends
Thoughts in unison

A tiny death

Like Sex in a Pan









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for A Girl Who Loves to Cook...