Sunday 28 December 2014

Come Find Me

This post and maybe more to come afterwards will give you an indication of how much is in me.

I will confess. I have shied away from my blog as of late due to my lack of motivation.  Also my intense awareness of knowing the one I wish would read this has shunned my writing. Shunned me.

Food does inspire. But people inspire food. That is why there is no such thing as a recipe for one. At least no good recipes.

But oddly enough when love slips through your fingers so does the spoon. The pots become empty. Hollow vessels and hollow hearts.

Falling in love with the craft is like falling in love with a person. Finding a soulmate. I found it. It found me.

Tonight my heart aches. It aches for my inspiration.  I long to feel complete once again. To sharpen my knives, flick the knobs of my stove on to the highest setting and feel the hot unwavering flame that once ignited my deepest ebbs of my existence!

I want it back. I want it so much I would think the unthinkable. 

But here I am. My heart is shredded. Grated into pieces. Shards of a delicious mystery that I fear I will never taste again.

How I feel.  Right now. I need it back. Come back to me, we can share this recipe together.

With all my love...all my life's energy...I miss you. Come back. Find me. And I promise I will say yes! I will work hard. I will put my best dish forward. I will bare the burns and the cuts. I will stand on my tired feet for 12 hours a day and will never give up.

I love you. You love me. Come find me in the kitchen...where I'll wait all my life for you.

Always,

The Girl Who Likes to Cook
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for A Girl Who Loves to Cook...