Wednesday 6 May 2015

If I could...I would

How I would...And I could...if you would...will you let me?

Let's see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I could pour all of you into a pristine glass bowl,
Whisking you off your feet, spoiling you
With sugary sweet and perfume of vanilla
Making you feel a happiness as light as air

I would.

If I could peel away your layers of hurt and pain
Shielding you from hellish oven of life, full of scrutiny and sorrow
Polishing and buffing away the parts of your 
Bruised soul that steal your handsome smile 

I would.

If I could light a flame of love underneath you
Driving you the fiery edge of lust undeniable
Igniting your passion, boiling to your hearts brim with desire
Filling you with inspiration delicious beyond compare

I would.

If I could hold you on an ivory white plate
Like the last slice of something sweet
Treasuring you...

Every crack
Every crumb

The smoothness of your hands on my skin
The cherry blush of your lips
The dusty brown coarseness of your hair 
Slipping through my finger tips

If I could savor every last piece of you...

I would.



xo,

The Girl who Likes to Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for A Girl Who Loves to Cook...