Sunday 3 July 2016

Until Well-Done

Crimson red blood
pulsing through veins
I feel the sweat gather on my brow

It trickles down my back
Fist-full of sea salt
A shower of briny white
I throw furiously onto
Your jaded placid body

I slam a skillet
Twice
Metal clashes with metal
a flint and flicker
Sparks fly

I sharpen my knife
MY knife...
Drawing it over and over
Diamond stone

Slipping my blade
Between those bones
Reckless and rough
Filleting flesh
Dead and cold

Flames on high
Disregard for you
For me
For safety and security

I grab the lifeless carcass
Red and ripped with fat
Jam it angrily on a screeching hot pan

BURN!!! BURN!!!
Char and blister that tenderness!!
What tenderness!! 

Contracting under the scorching heat
Buckle and bend
Dousing with cheap red wine
Less than $10 a bottle
Why waste my best!

Flash!
Engulfed in an inferno
Only I can end the misery

Tender meat no more
No tenderness from me
Sit over that fire.

Don't dare move.
Stay.

Until well-done...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for A Girl Who Loves to Cook...